To apply for admission to the Leadership and Diversity in Sport Management Online Graduate Certificate Program, complete the application process which begins at the link below. All applicants must have completed a Baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited college or university. A Master's degree (emphasis in sport management/sport administration/business management) is preferred, but not required. Applications are currently being accepted for the fall 2019 semester. The application deadline is Friday, June 14, 11:59 p.m. EST. Apply early to avoid last minute processing delays.
- A brief personal statement (not to exceed 300 words) that describes their personal and professional interest and background experience in the field of sport management. Most importantly, applicants should also describe their interests/reasons for obtaining a Leadership and Diversity Management in Sport Online Graduate Certificate from UConn (uploaded).
- Current resume or CV (uploaded).
- Two letters of reference from individuals who can address the candidate's potential for success in the Leadership and Diversity in Sport Management Online Graduate Certificate (uploaded).
- Unofficial transcript(s) for all undergraduate and graduate coursework (uploaded).
- Official college transcript(s) mailed to The Graduate School (see address below). Please note that official transcripts from students previous educational experience at UConn are not required.
- Successful candidates normally meet the recommended 3.0 or higher cumulative GPA.
- If you use the results from the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL), you must have a minimum overall score of 550 for the paper-based test or 79 for the internet-based test.When completing the application form, select Leadership and Diversity in Sport Management as the program name.
- The GRE and Residence Affidavit are not required.
- Fields marked with a red asterisk (*) on the application are required fields.
- A non-refundable $75 application fee.
- After you apply, please send The Graduate School your Official Transcript(s) in one envelope to:
- University of Connecticut
The Graduate School
- Whetten Graduate Center
438 Whitney Road Ext., Unit 1152
Storrs, CT 06269-1152
- University of Connecticut
Applications are evaluated as soon as the student's file is complete.
If you have any questions on how to use the Hobson's Apply Yourself online application system, please contact The Graduate School at 860-486-3617.
International Students: This program is a part-time and online program. Pursuant to U.S. immigration regulations, the University of Connecticut may not sponsor F-1 and J-1 visas for the purpose of coming to the U.S. for enrollment in this program. International students may enroll in this program if they are currently in the U.S. in another visa status that permits foreign nationals to engage in school enrollment while meeting their primary visa objective, or if they complete the program from their home country.